Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
At this time, there are no appointments or in person meetings, due to COVID-19.
Boca Helping Hands is closed on all major holidays.
Boca Helping Hands provides limited, financial assistance to qualifying Boca Raton residents in crisis. Clients may receive financial assistance with rent (must have a 3-day notice from landlord), utilities (must have final notice from FPL or water department, this does not include any deposits or reconnect fees.). Individuals are reviewed on a case by case basis.
In accordance with Boca Helping Hands’ financial resource policies, we require all documents listed below to be made available in order for our staff to assess financial cases for payment. Due to COVID -19, we are requesting all information to be scanned as individual documents and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. Only until all of these details are submitted can we open cases for review. Pending cases with outstanding documents will remain open for a minimum period of 7 days after being submitted, after such time they will be considered closed.
- Proof that you have lived in Boca Raton for a year or more (current and previous lease or mortgage document)
- Proof of All income: last three months of bank statements (all accounts)
- Proof of employment: last three pay slips and/or if applicable, proof of unemployment due to the COVID-19 shutdown (example: letter from employer or proof of unemployment benefits/registration)
- Valid ID
- FPL bill or Water bill or Final rent notices (copies of all outstanding months)
- Proof of your portion paid and any other agency commitments, if applicable.
- Completion of the Boca Helping Hands Income & Expenditure Statement & FPL Authorization.
- Explanation as to why you are having difficulty paying the bills.
Children's Assistance Program:
CAP helps working parents by providing limited financial assistance for summer camp, after-school care, and day care for qualifying Boca Raton residents of 1 year or longer. Those interested in applying for CAP have to go through a specific screening process to meet criteria to be approved. Children must already be enrolled in order to apply for financial assistance.
Discounted Bus Passes: (This service is temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)
Individuals wishing to purchase discounted 31-day Palm Tran bus passes can do so at Boca Helping Hands on Tuesdays from 9:00am – 12:30pm. 1-day bus passes are also available for purchase. Discounted rates depend on income eligibility. In order to purchase discounted bus passes, individuals must provide accepted valid documentation based on Palm Tran’s guidelines. A complete list of accepted documentation can be found by clicking here.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.