Mike's Meatloaf Recipe
Fridays are unofficially known as “Mike’s Meatloaf Day” at BHH. 2016 BHH Volunteer of the Year Award Winner Mike Munger has volunteered as head chef of the kitchen on Fridays since 2013, clocking over 1,600 volunteer hours. In that time, his meatloaf has become a favorite of clients, volunteers, and staff alike, but the recipe has always been kept a secret from all but fellow Friday crew volunteers…until today.
After Cortney asked nicely (thanks, Cortney!), Mike has been gracious enough to share his recipe with all of you. Now, we can’t share the authentic BHH version, since those measurements feed approximately 150 people! But unless you’re hosting a potluck for all of our volunteers sometime soon, we think you’ll be better off with the following version (which yields approximately 4 servings).
Here’s what you’ll need:
2 lbs. ground beef
3 garlic cloves
½ C diced yellow onions
½ C diced green peppers
½ C Stove Top stuffing
½ C ketchup
salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x5 baking pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crack and whip the eggs.
3. Combine all the ingredients with the egg mixture except for the meat and mix well.
4. Add the meat and mix until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated throughout.
5. Transfer the meat mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread it evenly in the pan.
6. Cook for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and spread ketchup onto meatloaf, then return to the oven for 15 more minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and allow the meatloaf to cool before cutting.