Volunteer Program Manager
The Volunteer Program Manager is responsible for recruiting, training and assigning all Boca Helping Hands volunteers. The Volunteer Program Manager will oversee all data entry of volunteer information into the Boca Helping Hands CRM. In addition, the Volunteer Program Manager will ensure that all BHH volunteers have completed background checks. This individual will work with each department head to ensure that an adequate number of volunteers are available. The Volunteer Program Manager will collaborate with the staff in other departments in identifying opportunities to leverage BHH’s volunteer program for the overall benefit of BHH (e.g for PR or Development opportunities). The Volunteer Program Manager will also create and implement an ongoing process of volunteer appreciation events and activities. The Volunteer Program Manager will work Tuesday through Saturday and report to the Director of Food and Warehouse Operations.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensure an adequate number of volunteers for daily operations.
• Represent Boca Helping Hands in the wider community at all events where potential volunteers may be recruited.
• Oversee all group volunteer activity once the group arrives at BHH until time of departure, including coordinating with Social Media and Development team on PR/Development opportunities associated with specific groups
• Prepare monthly reports on Volunteer activity for Executive Director to be submitted to the Board of Directors.
• Create and implement a succinct yet thorough orientation program.
• Ensure that potential volunteers are contacted within 14 days of completing an orientation class to be assigned to a particular department and shift.
• Oversee entry, review, and maintenance of accurate volunteer data into the Boca Helping Hands CRM.
• Ensure that level one background checks are administered to all permanent volunteers.
• Plan and organize three volunteer appreciation events each year, including Volunteer Appreciation Dinner.
• Create and oversee ongoing volunteer appreciation program, including sending regular acknowledgment correspondence to volunteers (thank you cards, Birthday cards, etc)
• Administer an ongoing volunteer survey process to provide insight on the BHH Volunteer experience, including providing a regular report of survey results, and following up with volunteers and staff when appropriate
• Schedule and confirm appointments for all BHH volunteers
All candidates must have a minimum of an A.A. degree and at least two years of experience working with volunteers. They should also have:
• Ability to manage large groups
• Experience with CRM
• Attention to detail and follow up
• Excellent communication skills
• Positive, upbeat personality
Job Classification: Exempt