SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING SPECIALIST
Please send cover letter and resume to Karen Swedenborg:
The Social Media and Marketing Specialist is responsible for all social media platforms, the oversight and maintenance of the BHH website, as well as other aspects of BHH’s communication and public relations strategy and activities. This includes the development and presentation of a monthly social media calendar, the daily posting of social media updates and information, as well as the monitoring all social media platforms for favorable and adverse stories on BHH. This individual will have primary responsibility for maintaining and updating the information provided on BHH’s website. In addition, this individual will function as the in-house photographer, and will liaise with third party providers of photographic, video, written, and other PR and communications content and will work with the Development Manager as his/her designee to create appropriate marketing materials for BHH programs and activities. The Social Media and Marketing Associate will report directly to the Development Manager.
Social Media and Marketing Associate will provide the Development Department with social media, PR and other communication efforts to increase the base of support and awareness of BHH and its programs through maintenance of the organization’s online presence. In addition, this position will create all marketing materials for BHH and its various programs and departments, in an effort to increase BHH’s visibility and improve its communications.
The Social Media and Marketing Specialist will also work on marketing and fundraising efforts, specifically:
- Work with the Development team to develop and implement targeted strategies and campaign calendars on such sites as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other emerging platforms.
- Maintain and update information on the BHH website and be the primary liaison with any third party website support provider
- Create compelling and dynamic content that will build and sustain awareness about Boca Helping Hands, including by photographing BHH events, volunteers, clients, etc. and maintaining an archive of available images.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organization to write and gather content for electronic and print publications, social media, blogs and e-blasts.
- Create targeted electronic newsletters for specific donor groups.
- Serve as the primary liaison with third party PR Service providers as well as with third party providers of communication services and products.
- Listen to and monitor all social media outlets: pages, sites, blogs on a daily basis and post/respond on particular topics or in response to other post/comments.
- Use alerts, search and other tools to monitor for mentions and analyze the efficacy of the BHH social media strategy.
- Work with each department head to create dynamic marketing materials to publicize BHH programs and events, using print, electronic and video media.
- Provide logistical support for BHH events.
- Be licensed to drive a vehicle
- Thorough knowledge of all social media platforms
- Experienced in creating various media and marketing materials, including but not limited to brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentations and online videos.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Strong knowledge of photography and understanding of videography.
- Comfortable using Adobe Photoshop; additional Adobe Suite products a plus.
- Working knowledge of web analytics.
- Ability to learn and oversee Drupal based website.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software applications.
- Experience in creating marketing materials, including print, electronic and video.
Job Classification: Full-time, Salary, Non-Exempt
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This employee will perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by BHH. BHH reserves the right to change or revise job duties and responsibilities as need arises.