Please send cover-letter and resume to Karen Swedenborg: Karen@bocahelpinghands.org
The Development Specialist is responsible for supporting BHH’s development initiatives by ensuring that the BHH database of current and prospective donors is complete and accurate. The Development Specialist will provide detailed analyses and segmentation of the donor database to support targeted development campaigns as well as more general development activities. Development campaigns and activities will include grant writing and reporting, online solicitations via email, the BHH website and social media platforms, direct in person and telephone solicitations, Legacy Giving initiatives as well as special events. The Development Specialist will also maintain BHH’s CRM Grant Manager database and will otherwise support BHH’s grant writing and performance reporting obligations to foundations and other grantors. The Development Specialist will report directly to the Development Manager and will provide any other support to Development campaigns and activities as directed by the Development Manager.
The Development Specialist will support the BHH development function by ensuring that all development campaigns and activities are data driven and efficiently targeted and implemented. The Development Specialist will support the overall goal of continually expanding the potential sources of funding, with an emphasis on growing the base of individuals providing monthly or other recurring contributions.
- Maintain BHH’s CRM database of current contributors (foundations, organizations and individuals), by updating, correcting and/or deleting the relevant CRM records.
- Review and regularly update the Grant Manager database in the BHH CRM, including coordinating with the Financial Controller to update monthly grant disbursement results
- Provide reports on different donor segments (major donors, event sponsors, first time givers, recurring contributors, High Net Worth contributors, etc.) from the database to support targeted online, direct mail, or telephone campaigns
- Collaborate with the Social Media and Marketing Associate to implement targeted online development campaigns being conducted via the BHH website and/or social media platforms
- Work with the Development Manager to create and maintain a detailed running 12- month schedule for Grant Applications and Reporting.
- By working with BHH department heads and program leaders, maintain a readily accessible database of performance and financial statistics on BHH operations and programs to support the grant application and reporting processes.
- Work with the Development Manager to screen prospective grant opportunities (e.g. via foundationsearch.com) by reviewing BHH’s funding needs in comparison to the mandates and objectives of prospective grantors
- Work with the Development Manager to prepare grant applications and status reports
- Participate in targeted telephone campaigns by direct calling identified prospective donors to solicit support for specific programs/general operations/capital needs
- Support, monitor and report on BHH’s contribution acknowledgement process
- Prepare regular summary reports on development activities for presentation to the Executive Director, The Development Advisory Committee and the Board of Directors
- 3 – 5 years of experience in non-profit development activities, including direct communication with donors
- Knowledge of CRM or similar donor database management systems
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential.
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office software applications.
Job Classification: Full-time, Salary, Exempt